After the drama of Race 1 Silverstone and the fuel leak which we repaired before race 2 I decided to replace the return fuel pipe that looked in terrible condition – finding one was a challenge as I wanted to retain the OEM push fit connection. One sourced brand new for £11 seemed fair and 10 minutes later it was replaced.
Another repair item was to swap the lower engine mount that sites between the sump and the subframe. The rear bush has worn causing some engine movement, so one removed from the donor car I have around at the moment and again a quick swap.
The last ‘fix’ before Combe is to put back the scuttle rubber seal that is a requirement for safety reasons apparently.
So light duties this time, lets hope it comes back needing the same fettling before Oulton.